The AAPT scholarship is funded by the Association of Asphalt Paving Technologists with the purpose of increasing the number of scientists and engineers available for careers in the general area of asphalt cement or asphalt concrete technology.
The AAPT Scholarship will be presented to a student who has been admitted into, or is currently enrolled in, a graduate program leading to either an M.S. or Ph.D. degree in one of the fields of study noted below. Scholarship applicants must have already received a Bachelor's degree prior to the semester the scholarship is granted by AAPT.
Fields of Study:
In order to be eligible for consideration, the applicant must be formally enrolled in a graduate degree program, which contributes to advances in any facet of asphalt cement or asphalt concrete technology. Eligible fields of study include chemistry, chemical engineering, and civil engineering. Other areas of study may be considered provided the applicant clearly notes the relevance of his/her curriculum towards asphalt cement or asphalt concrete technology.
A scholarship award will be made directly to the recipient upon selection by AAPT.
In order to be considered for the annual AAPT Scholarship the following materials must be received by the AAPT office no later than May 1, 2016. Information received after this deadline will not be considered for the scholarship review process.
- Completed scholarship form
- Applicant's resume
- Current academic transcripts (undergraduate and graduate)
- Applicant's statement (500 words or less) as to why he/she should receive the AAPT Scholarship.
- Three reference letters as noted below:
- A letter of reference from applicant's major graduate program advisor.
- Two other reference letters from individuals knowledgeable in the technical/academic qualifications of the applicant, preferably AAPT members.
The letters must be sent directly to the AAPT office.
The time schedule shown below will be followed for the award selection process:
- May 1, 2016 - Application information received at AAPT office.
- May 1 to July 1, 2016 - Applications reviewed by AAPT Board of Directors
- July 15, 2016 - Selection of recipient and formal notification by AAPT
The recipient of the award is expected to send a letter of appreciation to AAPT on being selected for the AAPT Scholarship. A brief description of the intended studies the funds will help support should be included.
Please click on the form below, print it, fill it out, and mail it in.
(You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to open this form. Click on the icon below to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader:)